04 Jul Episode #31: Liontail Press
A one-woman design and print operation in Ithaca, NY.
Today I’ll be talking to Laurin Ramsey the founder of Liontail Press. A one-woman design and print operation in Ithaca, NY. Laurin believes, that she was born with ink running through her veins.
On this episode we discuss:
- The transition of Laurin from a full time Graphic Design job to her own printmaking shop.
- Starting her business in a competitive city as Brooklyn and setting up in a community that’s supportive of small business.
- How Lauring adapted to a new clientele after moving upstate.
- The importance of being surrounded by other business owners.
- Connecting in an authentic way with people instead of selling to them.
I got started in 2013, I had recently moved to Brooklyn from Georgia. I had a graphic design job that I loved, and I was missing making things. I decided to start making my designs and work with customers, creating things that people could use. Things that would remind them of special events in their lives.