25 Apr Episode #21: Natasha Ryan from Pink Midnight
From working at a hedge fund to designing jewelry.
Today I’ll be talking to Natasha Ryan from Pink Midnight Jewelry. Natasha creates ethereal pieces with modern edge. She is inspired by sculpture, sci-fi, desert tones washed over with a brilliant sunset, and her training as a film photographer.
On this episode we discuss:
- How Natasha started her work at Pink Midnight while working at a Hedge Fund.
- Getting fired after her biggest order was placed, was a blessing in the sky.
- The beauty of imperfection.
- How New York made her a harder soul. (Not really!)
- How she sells her jewelry.
I was working at a hedge fund when I started Pink Midnight. I knew I needed a creative outlet and took as many maker classes as I could like welding and electronics and finally I took a wax carving class, and it just completely resonated with me. I worked on Pink Midnight for a year while working at the hedge fund from my one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn.