14 Mar Episode #15: Carrie Morrissey from I Still Love You NYC
Differentiation with acrylic.
Today I’ll be talking to Carrie Morrissey from I Still Love You NYC (ISLYNYC). Carrie is a jewelry designer that uses materials like acrylic instead of ornate gemstones and finds her inspiration in the culture of mass production.
On this episode we discuss
- The importance of differentiation and how to set yourself apart from a busy market.
- How the traditional is not what will define your success.
- How being on “the other side” of the table in one of her big corporate partnerships reassured her that she was in the right place.
- How motherhood changes the perspective of success and has given Carrie more focus for their company.
- The importance of ever stop learning, no matter where you are in your entrepreneurial career.
Before starting the company, I used to draw fashion figures and write “I still love you” next to it. When I left the corporate world and started this company, it was a phrase that resounded with me.
The NYC part came later, and it has resonated with so many people. This is the land of hustle and it's such a bittersweet place.