23 May Episode #25: Rachel Dana from Dana Confection Co.
From having fun and experimenting with candy to a business.
Today I’ll be talking to Rachel Dana from Dana Confections Co. Dana Confections Co. handcrafts unique sweets from around the world using locally-sourced ingredients. Their confections include seasonal fruit, carefully selected from local farms.
On this episode we discuss:
- How her love for Calissons was the inspiration for her business.
- Learning and creating this rare and beautiful french candy for herself.
- Using locally-sourced ingredients for such a rare creation.
- How to get people to know and love Calissons.
- How Rachel’s Calissons are different from the original french ones due to her experimentation.
It all started with me discovering Calissons and having to make them because I wasn’t able to get them where I was.